Speaker: Allison A. Muller, Pharm. D, D.ABAT, FAACT
Principal/Owner: Acri Muller Consulting, LLC
1-Hour Substantive Credit
Practice Areas: criminal, personal injury, products liability, general.
Attorneys not only encounter opioids in every day news. Criminal attorneys hear of these drugs on a much too regular basis when it comes to impairment, fatalities and street drug dealings. What pearls of science do attorneys need to know about these drugs? How do they work? How do they poison and take the lives of so many? Where do they fit into postmortem cases? Where is fentanyl found? How does naloxone work and when does it work and when does it not? These questions and more will be answered during this one-hour crash course on the science of opioids for attorneys.
- List 3 effects of opioids on the body
- State two examples of unexpected sources of opioids
- State one example of a drug that can intensify opioid toxicity
- Explain pitfalls in interpreting drug screen results as they relate to opioids
- List 2 reasons for the presence of morphine in the blood.